Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Linsey Dawn 16 Years Old

Sold out!


you remember the bears of the Sun and Sun Bear Collection, the project in collaboration with Ursa Freedom Project and the Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre? After months of knitting bears, e-mail from Jeanette McDermott, Maren Dallman and me, wild promotion, labels to be written (in English, ouch!), wrap and travel packages to the post office, not only for me but also for the two girls mentioned above, we can finally say it was a success.
I decided to write this post for two reasons. The first is transparency: it is not fair to ask to contribute to a project and then disappear with no accountability to anyone.

I just got a message from Jeanette that tells me:
We sold all 18 bears for a total of $ 485 plus $ 90 delivery charge that Jeanette, Maren and I have donated to the Centre were collected A total of $ 575.
are not a lot of money, but it is much more than I could give a personal gift, not to mention the satisfaction of knowing that my bears are around the world.

The second is the desire to give a little testimony. I heard from Jeanette Maren and other people of the Freedom Project Network Ursa came forward to propose other projects related to their craft or artistic ability to fund initiatives in favor of bears around the world. How I was inspired by the work of Elena Sanna, a painter friend who sold his paintings to fund Animals Asia Foundation (an association that protects the bears of the Moon, worked on farms and bile recovers to give them a new life), someone else will pick up a witness and this gives me a bit 'optimism.

Now I greet you, I end up in my lair to gloat and make myself a slice of bread with blueberry jam to celebrate.

Thank you very much and felt ursino who participated, those who have supported the initiative with just a comment encouraging to those who bought the bears (treat them well, it was difficult to part with it!) And all the friends of Ursa Freedom Project!

0 comments:

Post a Comment